What do New England Elopement Packages include?
Many couples are deciding to elope and skip the stress and expense of planning a large wedding. Many New England Inns and B&Bs have great elopement packages. Here are a few things you should consider:
1. Where to go? You may want to choose a destination that is emotionally meaningful to you…such as “a town where you first met” or a place where you can enjoy on of your favorite sports or past times, perhaps the area near a college. Many of the elopement packages offer reduced prices for staying longer at their location. You could get 50% off the third night.
2. Elopement Packages: Many small inns or bed & breakfasts have a Justice of the Peace or Marriage Officiant that will perform your ceremony as part of an elopement package. These elopement or small wedding packages may include a overnight stay, wedding cake, breakfast or dinner, transportation, simple flowers, pre-recorded music, photos with your camera and complimentary toasts. Many elopement packages will also offer “extras” such as massages, sight seeing trips or other activities. Due to size considerations many smaller inns or bed and breakfasts limit the number of guests or have additional fees. Check out their websites for additional services, upgrades and offerings.
3. Requirement: It is up to you and your significant other to get the marriage license! Your hosts will know where you will need to go for your license and may have other tips to offer. Depending on the New England state you choose, see the marriage license requirements summary at bottom of the State pages on this website.
Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island or Connecticut.
4. Discounts: Be sure to inquire about any discounts offered by other service providers that the inn may be aware of. For example, is airport ground transportation included? If not, do they have discounts available for this service. Most of our hosts will be happy to help you with your plans.
5. Lodging: Just because you plan to elope, you may have family, children or friends want to attend your wedding. If you decide to invite more than 10 guests be sure the location of our choice can accommodate that large a group.